What is SexEsthetics?
SexEsthetics Medicine is a relatively young branch of medicine, which encompasses all of the aesthetic and cosmetic aspects of the male and female genitalia from a clinical perspective. SexEsthetic medicine addresses sexual enhancement, the management of the effects of aging on the sexual experience as well as transgender transformations.
It gathers knowledge from the fields of plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, urology, gynecology, and sexual medicine, anti-aging medicine, dermatology, and cosmetology.
Common SexEsthetic procedures addressing the female genitalia include
- modifications to the appearances of the mons pubis (via depilation, liposuction, lifting or “tucking” procedures), the labia majora (via fat injections, small skin resections, or skin resurfacing), the labia minora and clitoral hood (via resection of asymmetric, elongated or discolored skin)
- modifications to the caliber of the vaginal dimensions and/or texture to enhance the quality of sexual friction (via tightening of the vaginal walls and muscles, tightening of the perineum, volume enhancement of the G-spot region, and the creation of enhanced folds of the vaginal skin).
- Hymenoplasty is also considered within the realm of SexEsthetic medicine.
Common SexEsthetic procedures addressing the male genitalia include
- phalloplasty (enhancement of penile length and/or girth)
- penile implants
- testicular implants
- gender reassignment and transgender surgery.
This term was trademarked by Cordelia Donovan and Dr. Marco Pelosi III, and was accepted by the International Society of Cosmetogynecology at their First World Congress of Cosmetic Male and Female Genital Surgery in September 2011.
Want to receive SexEsthetics News, or have any questions and comments?
Or leave us a voicemail at 646-580-9239 and we’ll get back to you.
Follow us on: